Congrats on your Engagement! Now what? Here is an Ultimate Wedding Planning Timeline to keep you on track as you plan your wedding.
Congrats! Your Engaged! What next?
- Get a Pinterest or start a folder of things you like
- Put together a budget
- Choose your wedding party!
- Start the guest list
- Throw engagement party (and book a photo booth)
- Reserve your date and book your venue
- Research wedding dress styles and plan shopping trip with the girls!
- Mail save the dates
- Book Caterer
- Girls day out for wedding dress shopping
- Hire a planner!
- Hire Photographer and Videographer
- Hire a DJ/MC who can THROW a party!
- Secure Florist and Officiant
- Hire rental and/or décor company. Think about things like tables, chairs, chargers, etc.
- Make a date out of cake tasting and reserve your cake/dessert vendor!
- Choose bridesmaids attire and accessories
- Register for gifts
- Research and purchase wedding favors (Photobooths really do rock, hint hint)
- Research and book hair and makeup artists
- Start planning your honeymoon!
- Choose Groomsmen attire
- Purchase wedding bands
- Order your stationery + mail invites (menu cards, rehearsal dinner invites, invites, signage, etc)
- Decide on playlist (including your do not play list) for your DJ or band (We know a DJ that rocks)
- Order gifts for bridal party
- Finalize Reception menu with caterer
- Write wedding vows
- Apply for marriage license
- Finalize seating arrangements
- Attend final dress fitting
- Pick up wedding rings
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Buy cute white attire to wear on honeymoon
- Pick up marriage license
- Order thank you notes
- Delegate small on the day tasks so you can enjoy
- Pick up dress
- Get engagement ring cleaned
- Make sure everything is laid out and packed for your wedding day
- Attend wedding rehearsal dinner
- Make a getting ready playlist of music
- Get your beauty sleep
Wedding Day – YAY!
- Eat a healthy breakfast!
- Give best man wedding ring
- Take a deep breath and relax it’s time to enjoy the day you’ve spent so much time planning!
- Write thank you notes
- Completely your registry and exchange or return
- Preserve your wedding dress
- Preserve your bouquet
- Follow up with your photographer and videographer
- Get your name changed YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!